Sunday, November 1, 2015

November 1, 2015 Special Sunday Edition

Today begins our month or writing.....
Many of us will be writing our novels for NANOWRIMO or National Novel Writing Month
Some of us will be working on our writing chops writing to different prompts everyday
Some of us will be keeping a good old fashioned Writer's Notebook where we write what we feel like writing.

No matter which plan we are following, we will each try very hard to write for 10 minutes or more at school and 20 minutes at home EVERY DAY (oh my, that means writing on the weekends!!!)

Do your best, don't beat yourself up, just write as much and as often as you can.

A rough goal is 200 words per 10 minutes (we will set our personal goals on Monday by writing as solidly as we can for 10 minutes and counting our words.)

These words can be typed on a computer or written in a journal. You can even do some of each (I know I will because I can't always have my computer with me - like in the car, but I can always have my journal.  We will write in our journal during the school day - but we can quickly move it to the computer if we are keeping a digi novel.

This will work on
stamina for writing
typing speed
handwriting
quick thinking
and most of all.....
having some fun with writing.

I have updated the upcoming assignments link if you are interested.  None of these should influence homework very much.....just write and read - but do more of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment